Evaluation: How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

| |
Apart from our main product we had two other ancillary texts to complete, these were an advert that would appear in a Newspaper and a Double page radio listing spread with a feature for our recording. These were created to support our radio drama recording.




Newspaper advert:

Before I started creating my newspaper advert I drew some rough sketches of what I wanted it to look like, I scanned the photos in and put them onto my blog. I then decided to take some photos for my poster which I would edit later in Adobe Photoshop, this would be used as the background for my poster. I then put my photo into Adobe Photoshop and edited it, once it was edited I began to work on the poster it's self. 



The advert would be an effective piece to have as it advertises my drama when it is broadcast on air, without advertising my listener count would be low as nobody would have heard of the product, having an advert in a newspaper would be a good idea as millions of people read printed newspapers everyday. 


Double page spread:
Once my poster was complete I began work on my double page spread radio guide, this supported the poster in terms of advertising as a feature in a radio guide can be used to advertise my product further and give more information into what the show is going to be about. It also targets a specific audience as people who read a radio listings guide are clearly going to be interested in what there is to listen to on the radio. 

These to pieces combined with my final recording are a great start into getting the show on air and ensuring that the show will have listeners. 

No comments:

Post a Comment