Evaluation: Audience Feedback

| |
To get a collection of feedback for our final radio drama piece we hosted a radio listening party for an around 40 students from Northampton college, many of which we didn't know, The students were aged between 17-19 therefore only a small number of the audience would have just fitted into our target audience. Although this idea was still good as it gave us a chance to receive some ideas about what we should improve and what was good about our performance.

Most of the feedback we received after the broadcast was good and almost everyone enjoyed the clip. The points that were raised for improvement was the ending, as some listeners became confused wether or not our recording had finished or not. Another point that was raised was the way the story was told, many listeners became confused with the narrative and sometimes did not understand what was happening in the story, In my opinion the story was pretty straight forward and easy to follow however I am a Film-Noir movie fan so understand how the style of a film noir story is set out, I think that if the we received feedback from people with an older age range that point would not arise as they would understand the stories narrative. 

Even though I have a different opinion to some of the points that have arisen I would still have to listen to the views of my potential audience and work on them to make the broadcast more enjoyable and easier to understand.  The things I would change in the recording would be the ending, which would need a little tidying up and finally drawn to a close with some sort of audial end credits. I would also try and improve the narrative to help my audience understand what is going and finally I would spend a little more time working on our accents to ensure we don't change them slightly or fall out of them throughout the broadcast. 

There was also a great deal of positive feedback collected in, Listeners particularly liked the use and placement of sound effects and music, many also enjoyed the story line and the way it was set out. I agree with the responses I was given and am very happy with the final recording of Transgression.

No comments:

Post a Comment