Evaluation: Media Technologies and the Construction and Research, Planning and Evaluation of our Project

| |
Research and Planning of our Project:

When Researching and Planning my project the main Media Technology I decided to use was the internet, I used a lot of different research pages to find out about the History of radio and radio drama, some websites such as wikipedia.com were very helpful when looking up the history of radio. I also used the listen online tool on the BBC Radio website to listen to a number of different shows and broadcasts to get an idea of what a Radio Drama episode looks like. I also used my Facebook account to ask friends what genre of radio drama we should decide to create, this was a good idea as it was almost a way of conducting primary research as people could comment on my post with there suggestions! Another found another useful website that had an archive of clips from radio history that are well know and famous, I hosted these to my own file host and made a flash MP3 player for my blog, now my audio files can be played on the blog! 

When planning my Poster and Radio listings I used a scanner to scan my hand drawn images onto the computer to post onto my blog, this was a quick and easy process as it scanned my photo's and saved them as a .jpeg file straight away. 



Construction of our Project:

Hardware - 
When recording our radio drama we used a selection of different tools to record our voices, The college has a Sound room where we could record our work using there soundboard and microphones, These were all connected to an Imac which had a piece of software installed that was listening and recording our voice and surroundings. We also used a Digital Camera when creating our first poster design and I used a DSLR camera to capture the image for my final poster. 

Software -
We used a huge amount of different softwares when constructing our Recording, to begin with we used the Mac OSX Leopard operating system for all of our work. Within that we mainly used Soundtrack Pro to edit and modify our recording, we also used a piece of software called Audio Hijack Pro which was used to record sound that was being played on the computers Line-In, We used this to record sound out of the Safari web browser to use on our work. When creating our posters I used Iphoto to import my photo's from the camera and sent them straight to Adobe Photoshop for editing, My whole poster was constructed in Adobe Photoshop however my double page radio listing was designed in Adobe InDesign as it is a tool design for creating publications. I also used the Safari web browser to access blogspot.com to write this blog out, sometimes I used Microsoft Word to type out my blog posts when I was unable to connect to the internet, I also made my first post via e-mail, Blogspot offers a service where you can write an e-mail and send it directly to your blog as a post.

I also used a website called mydatanest.com which is a file host, I used this to host my .MP3 files on my blog, which included my sound clips and final radio recording, I also created a flash MP3 player to play some famous clips from radio history. 

Evaluation of our Project:

When evaluating my work I used the Advanced HTML text editor that is provided with your Blogspot account to type up my posts, at some point I had to upload some sound clips so I used a website called mydatanest.com which is a File host to host my .MP3 files, once they were uploaded onto my host I used a piece of HTML code that would help Blogspot understand that I wanted an MP3 file to be played on my blog. 



No comments:

Post a Comment